Tonight, I received a message from an old high school friend (who is quite intelligent herself, and doing mighty fine when it comes to life in general) saying that I was a genius and asking my opinion on a topic.
I'm no genius, but I like the compliment. I'm sure my mother likes the fact that it validates her wonderful opinion of me. In the same day a Political Science instructor suggested I become a lawyer or politician (I laughed and said "No one would vote for me, c'mon, I look like a child!") and complimented my amazing grasp of the concepts. Is something in the water?
But lately, I've been feeling tons better about me. I hate the drive to Boca, but I love going to political science classes again. It gets my blood moving. I've got a lot more on my plate lately, but feel like I've been taking larger steps in organizing my time and getting things done before deadlines. Amazingly, my stress levels have been managed pretty well and I have yet to have any major meltdowns.
On the Agenda:
- Two classes over the summer; one is face to face, the other exclusively online. Three more in the fall and FINALLY graduating with my BA. Can I get a holler!
- New VP of Membership for my local MOMS Club
- Creating a monthly newsletter for my MOMS Club
- Working on my re-writes for a really cool project
- Working from home
- This blog
- All the stuff that comes with wonderful kids, husband, and family (and all the not so wonderful aspects like dishes and laundry)
- Finances. And basically just being more on top of when things are due and where money is going.