|My princess likes to dress as such.|
You read that right- although she was definitely buckled in when I left her, she somehow managed to finesse her way out of her restraints and quietly relocate herself onto the table in front of her. Definitely one of the scarier moments of motherhood. Luckily, she survived completely unscathed. I about had a heart-attack. When I tell people she's dangerous, I don't think they really understand the gravity of the situation.
Here's a list of the dangerous feats my youngest conquers without a second thought of her safety:
- At 6 months she climbed completely out of her baby walker- in about 2 seconds flat. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed my cup of water, turned around, and there she was smiling at me like she just did the coolest thing ever. I smiled back at her thinking, "Thank God she didn't break her neck." We put the walker in the donation pile that day.
- At 9 months she thought that climbing the sofa chair and onto the windowsill would be a fantastic idea.
- At 12 months she thought climbing up the slide in the back yard on the big kids' playground was a great idea.
- At 12 months old she decided to try and circumvent the gate surrounding our kitchen by climbing on top of the "shoe bench" and leaning over into the kitchen.
- Currently she continues to try and scale the baby gate in the hallway- she gets a little over half-way up and proceeds to lean over the other side.
- At any opportunity she will try to climb straight up and out of my arms, as if gravity does not apply to her.